Saturday, September 3, 2011

MoA - Day 3

So today...I decided to try something maybe a bit longterm.

So I found a website, called Adopt a US Soldier. While it might take a few days for me to get assigned a soldier, I am excited to reach out to someone deployed around the world. I hope that I will be able to send a little support to someone doing something that I just don't have within me to do.

I have always wanted a pen pal and in today's internet and immediate gratification world, I didn't know if anyone still did the pen pal thing. I'm looking forward to getting my soldier and sending them some care packages!!!

Also, I went to the Random Acts of Kindness site and found a list of ideas, many of which I found to be really interesting! If there are folks wanting to to this, I highly recommend checking it out and getting some ideas.

(I also did a couple of minor awesome things, like make sure I reached out to my parents, started on a project for something awesome next week and went shopping at the local farmer's market which helps support local responsible farming. So I feel good about it!)

Update:
And the hubby decided to give some new heirloom tomatoes to our neighbor, who is awesome herself and loves tomatoes. He's getting this random kindness thing!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like penpals. The few swaps I've done for them haven't worked out for more than a single letter.

    You should check out the Letter Writer's Alliance. They love writing letters! http://16sparrows.typepad.com/letterwritersalliance/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great site!!! I joined and sent out a letter today, *you are also featured in Day 6's blog post!*

    http://mythicalmagpie.blogspot.com/2011/09/moa-day-6.html

    ReplyDelete