Wednesday, September 21, 2011

MoA - Day 21

Awesomeness for today...

First of all, I am really getting into sending written cards or letters lately and I want to encourage that. So, for the artistic folk, I am going to give instructions on making your own mailable post card.

I recommend using a card stock type of paper or some type of craft paper that will have some weight to it and will withstand the rigors of the postal system.

Feel free to decorate one side with art, stickers ribbons or anything that won't hang loose, or add too much thickness to the postcard. This will help it run smoothly through most mail machines. In the past, I have sent quilted postcards, and i LOVED them! You can do a collage, or painting, or just about anything that is mostly flat.

Here is a template for the backside, just make sure to print it somewhere around the 3.5 x 5 inch range.

The mail requirements for postcards are as follows:
  • Rectangular
  • At least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long x 0.007 inch thick
  • No more than 4-1/4 inches high x 6 inches long x 0.016 inches thick

I hope this inspires you to get creating your own postcards to send out to folks you think are AWESOME!

And for my second awesome thing...I hope this makes you smile!

Baby Beaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment