Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How does this happen?

I fully intend to journal and keep progress of every step of my Paleo Challenge and Wedding...but then the actuality of the things I'm doing get in the way and I just don't get around to it.

So, I shall endeavor to try to discuss the most recent goings-on. That said, we are now officially (runs to check www.tinyurl.com/Joe-Traci) thirty-eight days from nuptials. I have a dress...Joe has a tux and the wedding party is coming along. We have met with J's mom and discussed menus for the reception and cocktail hour and it sounds delicious!

We met with Rev. Dangler and discussed the ceremony which should be sweet, but not too long, but still representative of our faith. The reception, I hope will be great food and a great party!!!

Don't get me wrong, I am stressing over every detail...I am just getting past each checkpoint and feeling better the more I can enjoy the process. That being said, the R.S.V.P. cards are coming back and that makes it so much more real!


During this time, I've also gotten into Paleo eating and taking care of myself. Getting used to eating mostly animal protein and veggies really has been a shock initially. It's no secret I was addicted to not just carbs, but pretty much anything that was terrible for my body.

Changing your attitude about how you want to live your life takes a lot of dedication. At first I only did it because it seemed to work well for J. But really coming around to what my body needs and not what I think will make my life feel happier at that moment has really taken a bit to wrap my brain around.

That being as it is, I wanted to keep photographic evidence of my progress. Oddly enough, when it came time to find "before" and "current" pictures, there were not many pictures of me before. I hate getting my picture taken and this is why.


January 12th, 2011 (23 lbs lighter) April 6th, 2011

So it's not terribly drastic yet, but I know I feel better!!!

I will write more later!!!

See you all soon!

2 comments: