So I went to three stores to find it, finally finding some at Micheal's.
Several hours later, I had a piece for a prop the boy was going to wear to game this weekend. And here is my review:
- Sculpey UL is a very dry type of clay. This lends to difficulty adhering to itself
- It is like sculpting a marshmallow. It is low density, so it makes smoothing ans shaping difficult.
- If you have warm hands, like I do, it will become very sticky like unproofed dough.
- Smoothing and fixing fine details is rather difficult.
- Once baked, it is very durable
- Baked, it is lightweight
- It takes paint very well once baked
We left the room for like five minutes...and the dog literally ate it.
Argh. I'll have to try again tonight.