Well, first step to re-organizing the blog is to take a look at how I've set up finding previous posts.
When I started this blog, I thought that the more tags or labels, the better and easier to find projects. But the more I've been reading up on marketing and promotion and I've been visiting all kinds of blogs I love, I've seen that my judgement was faulty. I'm taking pointers on what they do well and what I'd like to see reflected in a well organized Magpie blog.
And what I was able to see was that my sidelist of tags was cluttered and hard to follow. It was an immediate priority to make my blog entries easier to navigate.
And I am pleased to announce that after four hours of editing:
I was able to pair down the 267 tags to 38!!
I've discovered along the way that simplifying the many multiple tags has really made me think of specific ways to come up with blog entries now tailored to my new tags.
So I'm very excited for the next few days and the changes here at the Mythical Magpie blog!!