Friday, January 14, 2011

Back to basics

So I decided to keep going with the watercolor & ink. I did a commission for a great guy in ADF and it can be seen at his e-shrine here. He had a very specific design in mind and it felt good to have given him several options as well as a final product he really seemed to love.

I decided I'd keep at it, though it was really hard to force something spiritual.

The boy reminded me that it wasn't the subject that was important, but the act of creating that was the best service.

What can I say, he's a genius and so I just set to making something. And this came out. I call it "My Metal Heart"

Yay for inspiration!!

P.S. Almost as if I needed a reminder that I am a very new beginner, I also painted a piece of crap last night. So as to show the progress with the pain, here is what I did. I called it Lady of the Water...but I think I might change that to something involving poor Disney princess names.


Mildly NSFW as there are poorly painted/drawn breasts.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the metal heart! You should do more freestyle like that your talent sure shows through :) Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Just trying to figure out something I can draw/paint that is spiritual and not as abstract. I'm still working on it.

    thanks for the compliment though!!

    ReplyDelete