Monday, December 8, 2014

Muppet Birthday Dress Up


So for the Bean's first birthday I wanted to have a kid-friendly Muppet activities section.

I grew up on the Muppets and our family loves them, so when I decided to have a party for her, a dress up table was a MUST!

I found several cheap items at JoAnn's including felt for Kermie's collar, dress up pearls and a blonde wig and gloves for Miss Piggy, a cape for Super Grover, white ribbon with pink polka dots for Fozzie Bear's bowtie,  and a chef's set.  

Everything save for the Kermit collar was already sewn, so I decided to get creative.

I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of lime green felt in half lengthwise, then folded it over on itself  like an accordion in about inch and a half folds..


I started about an inch down the folds and cut on an angle and flipped the felt over and did it again until I had a point. 


Then you open, cut little holes on the top ends and secure ribbons so the kids (of grown up kids) can tie on their own Kermit he Frog collar.


The finished birthday dress up table!














The kids and kids at heart had a blast dressing up with the costume pieces!

And since daddy magpie and I prepared only paleo foods and recipes, we were able to enjoy an entire party, knowing we could eat anything served!



Prep for deviled eggs

Fruit Skewers




Beef and Veggie Skewers




It was all in all a great time!


She had a blast with her paleo birthday cake hand crafted from Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment