Thursday, September 16, 2010

Spoonflower

So I was introduced to the site Spoonflower.com. It allows you to upload your own designs and have them printed on fabric.

Anyone with a few bucks and an image can create their own fabric!!!

I decided to give it a try and uploaded two designs, one I downloaded of three cranes and a fleur de lis pattern I quickly sketched up in MS Paint. Really, the interface couldn't be easier and they also have an editor program that you can use to add designs or edit the pictures as well.

They promise an 11 day turn around to ship. My swatches were ordered 9/2 and arrived last night (9/15) So from order, to printing to delivery all told took 13 days!



I am pleased with the turnout, as well as the turn around time. I have yet to wash the fabric, but it looks like it will hold up alright to gentle cycle.

For people who either quilt or just can't find the perfect fabric for their product, you can be a fabric designer!!!! I highly recommend giving it a try!

Also, if you like my fleur de lis fabric, it can also be bought there at my designer page! And they allow you to sell original designs that you've purchased swatches of and you get a percentage of the order profits! So if you are better than me, you might be able to sell something and make a little money too!

No comments:

Post a Comment