Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Life Lessons

Today has been a long day of reflection. While I'd like to think I do deep soul-searching everyday, it isn't quite true.

Frankly, I am often so busy, I can hardly keep up with "normal" life, basic chores. While I have often read the quote "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life", I have come to the point where my priorities are skewed for lack of time. I find myself being worn thin by over-commitment and the list of things I will take care of when the mythical time presents itself gets longer.

I find myself longing for less "playing" and more living. More family and less worrying about impressing people who have no desire to share in my life. More creating and less pretending.

So, for the last few weeks, I have been delving into reading all sorts of self-improvement books. Within, l find a great deal of information that I will follow upon in several future blog posts. I feel much more prepared to really examine what I want in my life and how I can begin moving towards those ends.

My next blog entry will be on tracing the sources of fear and "self limitation", but until then, I leave You all with a phrase I thought up yesterday and doodled with Textgram... until my next post, be well and make choices that make your heart sing!

-mm

2 comments:

  1. Giving up things I love to have more time for myself and my family was one of the hardest, but most rewarding things I have ever done. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely going to be a challenge, but I have things in my life worth making sacrifices for!

    Up to and including fantastic friends I miss, like you.

    ReplyDelete