Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dedicant Oath

So it is official, I will be giving my dedicant oath Thursday at the druid moon/business meeting. This is well over twenty months in the making and I am very excited to get the feedback on my dedicant work.

For those not familiar, the Dedicant Program is the first study program of ADF. It is not mandatory, but is the first step in any of the other study programs. The final oath is the oath one gives at the end of the study program. It details your dedication to your faith, your commitment to the kindred and your desire (if any) to continue this course of study. In short, you profess in front of the community, your desire to continue to live a virtuous life and maintain the lessons you learned in the course of doing the study program work.

You don't ever have to continue, finish or even make an oath...but if you wish to continue, it is important to make the oath public.

I wish I had been completely focused on the dedicant study program, but I am really encouraged to complete this portion and begin a more specific and in-depth study of my faith. I am nervous, don't get me wrong, because this is a very big step in my personal journey and it has certainly been a long time coming. But I am walking into this excited and energized and looking forward to the next phase in my life.

Now, I just need to finalize my written oath and feel out who I will be calling to specifically if any.

1 comment: